It’s the season of love and stress! In the floral industry, January is preparation month for Valentine’s Day. At Virgin Farms we begin planning as far back as December. We look at trends and statistics from previous years to project this year’s goals, make improvements, and prebook inventory with our farms. We always recommend florists to book as early as possible throughout January. As we draw closer to February, the colors or varieties you may need will be limited.
Tips for Valentine’s Day
- Book your flowers early.
- Return your order confirmation form promptly.
- Start advertising! Consider Facebook ads, as they are effective and inexpensive.
- Clean up your shop and order your supplies.
- Hire seasonal staff for deliveries, cashiering, or designing.
- Plan your delivery routes. It saves time & gas!
- Relax! Even though Valentine’s Day is a stressful season make the best of it. Take breaks every 90 minutes if possible. Stay hydrated & eat healthy snacks that boost energy. Drink plenty of vitamins to keep your immune system strong under stress.
Floral Expressions Box
Our most popular boxed floral package is ‘Floral Expressions.’ This box contains assorted varieties of fillers and focal flowers to create unique designs that express love in a myriad of ways. Most of the varieties such as kale, hyacinth, callas, lisianthus and such are from our partner farms in Holland, which have been in the floral industry for years and supply the freshest and highest quality flowers internationally.
If you are interested in the Floral Expressions box or any other floral special, please call 1.888.548.ROSE.
For inspiration and design concepts for Valentine’s day floral arrangements, follow us on Pinterest! Our friend at Marathon Florist styled flowers for a beachside photoshoot courtesy of Care Studios. Pin our latest additions to your boards to keep those ideas in mind when you’re designing.